Pokemon 20th Anniversary hype!

salty bird

Power Supporter
I'll never forget my first handheld gaming device. My aunt bought me a translucent purple GameBoy Color with a game I never heard of before, Pokemon (blue version).

That game opened up the world of Pokemon for me. I have hundreds of trading cards, love the 1st and 2nd movies and their soundtracks, and still remember the feeling of discussing Pokemon with friends in school.

2016 marks the 20th Anniversary of Pokemon and Nintendo is celebrating in a big way. The most exciting items they have planned are special editions of the 3DS and 2DS systems and the rerelease of trading cards with the original art.
nintendo_2ds_pokemon_bundles_japan-700x394.jpg

pok-mon-new-nintendo-3ds-bundle.jpg

Pokemon-Original-Card-Release-2016.jpg

I am hyped for the blue version of the 2DS. For the first time since 2006, I will be buying a Nintendo system.

These beauties will be available February 27, 2016! Preorder date and prices TBA.
Check it out!

Now available for preorder!

Last edited:
I really am deeply considering finding a way to get this to replace my current 3DS.
I was torn between this or the 2DS since the prices aren't that different. The hinges wearing down over time with the 3DS worry me though since that's what happened with my DS and I barely touched that thing.

I was torn between this or the 2DS since the prices aren't that different. The hinges wearing down over time with the 3DS worry me though since that's what happened with my DS and I barely touched that thing.
My 3DS is a few years old and hinges are just fine. The only problem is paint chipping off the D-Pad, which was corrected after the first model.

My 3DS is a few years old and hinges are just fine. The only problem is paint chipping off the D-Pad, which was corrected after the first model.
hmmm then I might just get it after all, I know it has a built in NFC scanner for those Amiibos right?

You sure sound like an advertisement Birb.
Though I'm gonna skip this since I still have my old copy of Pokemon Red and my old gameboy color and SP.
Though I would like a 3D remake of it to re-live my nostalgia.

All my old Pokemon cartridges stopped saving :(

There are many tutorial videos online on how to change the batteries in the cartridge.
They have a special type of screw, so what I did is melt the bottom of a cheap plastic pen (after I remove the ink and stuff) and stick it to the screw.
After it cools off a bit you have a shitty, yet usable screwdriver.
I replaced the battery myself and I can still save :p

Back