Sticky [Cinema / Media System] Black Screens / Videos Not Working

The Fix: x86-64 Branch with CEFCodecFix
To Install, first select your Operating System:​
After Trying The Fix, Still Not Working
  1. Completely close GMod and restart it
  2. Make sure you're launching GMod through CEFCodecFix, otherwise Steam might overwrite the patched files
  3. Try Uninstalling VLC Media Player
    • If you have VLC version 2.2.2 or above, it may be causing an issue. Uninstall VLC Media Player and then Reinstall it, unchecking the "Web Plugins" option during setup.
If you find that you're having issues after having tried all of this and have already restarted GMod, reply to this thread and we'll try our best to help.
help

The Fix: x86-64 Branch with CEFCodecFix
To Install, first select your Operating System:​
After Trying The Fix, Still Not Working
  1. Completely close GMod and restart it
  2. Make sure you're launching GMod through CEFCodecFix, otherwise Steam might overwrite the patched files
If you find that you're having issues after having tried all of this and have already restarted GMod, reply to this thread and we'll try our best to help.
it says my gmod installation is not ready. and its definitely up to date and ive verified the integrity of the files multiple times

the terminal reads out the following:
Error: One or More Files failed to match the Original Checksum!
Please go to Steam > Garry's Mod > Properties > Installed Files, Verify Integrity, then try again!

I have verified the integrity of the gmod files and steam says it's alright, yet I have tried to run it again several times but Gmodcodecfix still says that garrys mod has failed the Checksum. In case if your wondering, gmod's latest update was pushed this January and I assume that is the reasoning. Also this is unrelated but maybe you may provide me with a solution but everytime i open up gmod, the save and dupe menus are broken which do not allow me to spawn, browse or use dupes from the workshop, only the ones I have created as the buttons for those disappear, is there a solution to this?

the terminal reads out the following:
Please go to Steam > Garry's Mod > Properties > Installed Files, Verify Integrity, then try again!

I have verified the integrity of the gmod files and steam says it's alright, yet I have tried to run it again several times but Gmodcodecfix still says that garrys mod has failed the Checksum. In case if your wondering, gmod's latest update was pushed this January and I assume that is the reasoning. Also this is unrelated but maybe you may provide me with a solution but everytime i open up gmod, the save and dupe menus are broken which do not allow me to spawn, browse or use dupes from the workshop, only the ones I have created as the buttons for those disappear, is there a solution to this?
GMod was updated today.

Try running it now.

I'm getting the same error:

This may have been caused by the new update released a few days ago

are you on mac? im getting the same thing

There were daily updates up through yesterday. Everything's slowed down now and should be working.

Back