WinterPhoenix

Founder
Staff member
Founder/Lead Developer
The Fix: x86-64 Branch with CEFCodecFix
To Install, first select your Operating System:​
After Trying The Fix, Still Not Working
  1. Completely close GMod and restart it
  2. Make sure you're launching GMod through CEFCodecFix, otherwise Steam might overwrite the patched files
If you find that you're having issues after having tried all of this and have already restarted GMod, reply to this thread and we'll try our best to help.

Last edited:
You don't have Adobe Flash Player installed or up to date, or you're trying to watch a video on a Kiss Service with IPv6 enabled! Try the steps for Adobe Flash Player first if you're trying to watch a Kiss Video!

Steps To Install Adobe Flash Player for GMod
  1. Go here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
  2. Download Adobe Flash Player using that page for NPAPI/FireFox (unchecking the McAfee thing)
  3. Install Adobe Flash Player using the installer you just downloaded
  4. Restart Garry's Mod
  5. Rejoin the server
so i did all of this, and I still keep getting this screen on every Kissanime link I put. Everything else seems to be fine, I've only tried Youtube and Twitch, but the kissanime links don't seem to work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_9.jpg
    Screenshot_9.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 26
so i did all of this, and I still keep getting this screen on every Kissanime link I put. Everything else seems to be fine, I've only tried Youtube and Twitch, but the kissanime links don't seem to work.
I've updated the original post. Please follow the steps in it to Disable IPv6 and then let me know if it works.

Hi, I've been experiencing this as well. When I walk into the theatre playing a video, the loading screen and server logo show for a split second before the black screen comes in.The result was the same across all video sites.

I've done the above: update Adobe Flash using the linked version, and disable IPv6, but to no avail. Restarting Gmod, Steam and even my laptop didn't show any difference.

For now I'll use another computer and connect to the server to see if it's a problem stemming from my laptop, or something else.

Hi, I've been experiencing this as well. When I walk into the theatre playing a video, the loading screen and server logo show for a split second before the black screen comes in.The result was the same across all video sites.

I've done the above: update Adobe Flash using the linked version, and disable IPv6, but to no avail. Restarting Gmod, Steam and even my laptop didn't show any difference.

For now I'll use another computer and connect to the server to see if it's a problem stemming from my laptop, or something else.
Here's my 2 cents on your issue. I had this issue when I went into a theater playing a kissanime video. However, when I went to another theater playing a stream (E3 stream) I had no issues watching videos afterward.

Also, for those who haven't spent much time on the server, Kissanime is known to not work from time to time causing weird errors and whatnot. Try relying on other video sources like youtube.

Okay, so I installed the right flash and tried to disable IPv6 using the installer which didn't seem work, so I tried doing it manually do and I'm not sure it's effect
.Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

While getting ***** stressed trying to figure out why is this happening to me. i wanted to check it out in cereal box(people screaming on my face) if the issue is there too, and **** no, the videos works well. Going back, it was all the time VLC media player like winter said... But the thing is why only on yuki teather? What crazy coding are in yuki that makes vlc media palyer interacts with flash player on yuki teather? Now if I want to use vlc media player I cant cuz.... this dumbest things. What did you do winter??????? I really recommend to restore all the config of cinema, flash or whatever (related with the media player), to its default state. it's just a suggest. I'm sorry i dont mean to be offensive.(if I was......)

Last edited:
CBC had the same issue. They chose to solve it by reverting to the New YouTube Player, which makes videos get stuck at 360p. We chose to stay on the Old YouTube Player, as we discovered that it might be VLC and didn't want to break HD video playback just because of that issue.

So...to put it shortly, it's VLC's crazy programming, not ours.

I've tried installing Adobe Flash like 5 times over, so that step is done, I uninstalled VLC since I don't use it anyways, and I made sure that IPv6 was gone... Nothing helped. It isn't one site specifically. This happens for KissAnime, YouTube, anything, and it flashes a screen then black.

Also, on YouTube, it says my browser doesn't support any of the video formats with the YouTube error screen before going to black. How do I solve this, because once I fix the black screen I want to be able to use YouTube on YukiTheater.

-UPDATE-
YouTube videos work, but no streams, same error, and no other sites show on my screen.

I've tried installing Adobe Flash like 5 times over, so that step is done, I uninstalled VLC since I don't use it anyways, and I made sure that IPv6 was gone... Nothing helped. It isn't one site specifically. This happens for KissAnime, YouTube, anything, and it flashes a screen then black.

Also, on YouTube, it says my browser doesn't support any of the video formats with the YouTube error screen before going to black. How do I solve this, because once I fix the black screen I want to be able to use YouTube on YukiTheater.

-UPDATE-
YouTube videos work, but no streams, same error, and no other sites show on my screen.
Same thing has always happened with me, I dunno

Funkmaster already helped me out, but thanks! I just had to install the 2.2.1 version. I hadn't reinstalled aftre deleting, but when i reinstalled it, the streams worked.

Alright, join YukiTheater, open the Video Request Menu (F1), click on Web Browser, and paste this URL into its address bar and hit enter:
Code:
https://winterphoenix96.github.io/cinema/videotest.html

It should come up with either a Red or Green webpage that has some text on it. Copy+Paste what the text says and post it here.
User Agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; Valve Source Client) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1003.1 Safari/535.19 Awesomium/1.7.5.1 GMod/13

Adobe Flash Player:
Yes

Video Support:
h264: no, hls: no, ogg: probably, vp9: no, webm: probably

Really late, I know, but either way.

We have no idea why VLC messes with codecs/Flash Player​
ATTN: Please note I've narrowed this down to being caused by one (or possibly both) of the two Web Plugins. There is a Mozilla and ActiveX plugin that are installed with VLC by default. If you wish to install the latest version of VLC, install it without Web Plugins and everything will work as intended.

Edit: This is no longer applicable as these plugins aren't installed by default and we're no longer using Flash Player.

Last edited:
Back