Sticky [YukiTheater] Playermodel Request Thread

Know I already posted a similar PM but since the uploader of the current DOOM Slayer PM on the server put up a higher quality version that actually uses textures from the game (though I should note they put it up in 2 parts cause of size limitations of workshop uploads), I'd figure put this up as a suggestion more as an update to the current PM.

Name: DOOM Slayer

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844348251

Pic:
53A49712DB98D3067F5FD41A452E675F9F6F7B60

Know I already posted a similar PM but since the uploader of the current DOOM Slayer PM on the server put up a higher quality version that actually uses textures from the game (though I should note they put it up in 2 parts cause of size limitations of workshop uploads), I'd figure put this up as a suggestion more as an update to the current PM.

Name: DOOM Slayer

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844348251

Pic:
53A49712DB98D3067F5FD41A452E675F9F6F7B60

If it takes them two add-ons for a playermodel, they're doing something wrong :(

File Size
Posted
66.577 MB

Jeez, what did they do? Add a bunch of weapons and animations? ._.
Original SFM model was on its own too big to put on the workshop (guy just mostly ported over to Gmod from that addon). They made it 2 addons to accommodate the maximum size restriction Valve has the workshop without compromising the higher quality.

There is still absolutely no reason a playermodel should require two addons. If the model has 32 materials which are all 4096x4096, maybe, but that is pretty crazy for a gmod playermodel, and dare I say, unnecessary.

(Yes, I'm exaggerating, 32 textures of that size couldn't fit in two addons, most likely, but my point is whatever is going on with this model is excessive.)

There is still absolutely no reason a playermodel should require two addons. If the model has 32 materials which are all 4096x4096, maybe, but that is pretty crazy for a gmod playermodel, and dare I say, unnecessary.

(Yes, I'm exaggerating, 32 textures of that size couldn't fit in two addons, most likely, but my point is whatever is going on with this model is excessive.)
Agreed to this statement. I am normally used to seeing the model. Bones and such mapped. Typically less than 5MB.

Ika Musume! We have the kernel, so why not the player model? ;)
It features jiggle bones ( for hair "tentacles" ), player color support, bodygroups for skin (darker dress variant) / body (dress/swimsuit) / face (eye designs). It also appears to have cel shading.

Also should mention that the uncompressed addon is roughly 7mb+

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=778423864

VlN8Q7q.png
She's a little too tall. I checked her out in sandbox and she's taller than the G-Man when she should be about as tall as IF...

otherwise, I'd like to see her in Yuki... after she gets fixed

Last edited:
She's a little too tall. I checked her out in sandbox and she's taller than the G-Man when she should be about as tall as IF...

otherwise, I'd like to see her in Yuki... after she gets fixed

Personally, I'd just adjust the model scale whenever its selected instead of making physical changes to the model, that's up to Sophie-bear though.

Personally, I'd just adjust the model scale whenever its selected instead of making physical changes to the model, that's up to Sophie-bear though.
I'm not able to do proportion hacks. I have no idea how they work, but they're beyond my skill level, unfortunately. The way they work is also not really refined enough for me to even be interested in that method currently anyway; it's far buggier than just scaling the model or specific bones via code from what I can tell.

I'm not able to do proportion hacks. I have no idea how they work, but they're beyond my skill level, unfortunately. The way they work is also not really refined enough for me to even be interested in that method currently anyway; it's far buggier than just scaling the model or specific bones via code from what I can tell.

What I meant first was scaling the model in the code, one of our lua developers could easily check if the model being switched to or spawned with needs extra parameters and runs self:SetModelScale(0.9) or something on the player.

Figured there isn't much of a point to really make those physical changes when the model is already done if there doesn't need to be, and like you say it's obviously not that simple to fix the actual model.

well I commented on the model page, so maybe it can be fixed from their end. It's a cool model and I'd like to see it in the game, but it's just so tall lol

Back