1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Did You Start Gaming? and what was your first game and platform

Discussion in 'Video Game Discussion' started by ReconZer0, Jan 31, 2016.

1. ReconZer0

ReconZer0 Member

I personally remember a little bit but i was 4 and my first gaming system was game cube and my first game was hot wheels. lol

salty bird likes this.
  2. Kawaii Believe It

Kawaii Believe It Active Member

When I started gaming, it was on Windows 95.
    I would play on the Floppy Disks and this would include games like Frogger and more and I was around 2 or 3 at the time.

Then as I got older, I got into Playstation and I was gaming on that for a while, especially when the Playstation 1 hit and I got that and started playing games like Crash Bandicoot and Spypro and more.

salty bird likes this.
  3. salty bird

salty bird Moderator Staff Member Moderator

NES at my grandparents house when they babysat us. Mario and Duck Hunt with the Zapper all the way!

Kawaii Believe It likes this.
  4. Kawaii Believe It

Kawaii Believe It Active Member

How did I forget the NES?! I played that after I started the PS1, same with the Genesis! :D

salty bird likes this.
  5. Who Is Mojo?

Who Is Mojo? New Member

Man this is hard to remember, the gaming consoles I remember playing when I was young were ps2,n64, and gamecube. So I was around 4-6 when I first started playing them. Nothing was more fun than gta san andreas on the ps2 for the 6 year old me.

6. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear 3D Modeler Staff Member Developer

I've been playing games basically since I was born. I started on NES then moved to PlayStation in 98. After a few years, I ended up getting a Nintendo 64 and a few games for it. I also went through a few Gameboy Advances and then got an SP which still (mostly) works. I've had a Nintendo handheld from every generation since GBA. DSi is the only I got on launch, and also the most disappointing of the bunch. Now I play mobile on a first run 3DS model.
    Just recently I've acquired several PS2 consoles and built up a small collection of games for them. I've also softmodded them. I softmod any console I can.
    I also now own a Wii which is softmodded as well.

Years ago I also had a really old PC which also had some derpy dos games on it, but it was entertaining.

TL;DR, First console I owned myself was an original PlayStation with a box full of games. First I played was NES.

salty bird and Kawaii Believe It like this.
  7. Lucretio

Lucretio New Member

N64 and Starfox..... God what a ga---Peppy:"Fox help me they are on my tail for the 90th time this instance."
    Well duty calls.

salty bird likes this.
  8. Snowy

Snowy Active Member

I started gaming when I was 4 years old and in pre-school. I was playing Call of Duty and Battlefield 2 on the PC my family had at the time. I am glad I've moved on from CoD, though I do still play Battlefield.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016