[Tutorial] GModCEFCodecFix - macOS

Hello! Thank you very MUCH for creating this fantastic script!

Sadly, I encountered a problem yesterday. Before the script, the game was launching but I could only see an endless loading screen. After applying the script game ran, it was terrific. But then the game crashed and Steam told me that one file was corrupted somehow. It downloaded a new one, applied it and when I tried to rerun the game, I got the same endless loading screen as before the script. then I tried to apply the script again but now I get this:
Error: One or More Files failed to match the Original Checksum!
Please go to Steam > Garry's Mod > Properties > Installed Files, Verify Integrity, then try again!

I've done it, all files were good. I've also read here that script updates every 6 hours, so I've waited till now. Tried again and I still have the same problem.

MacOS Ventura 13.4.1
M1 chip

Hello! Thank you very MUCH for creating this fantastic script!

Sadly, I encountered a problem yesterday. Before the script, the game was launching but I could only see an endless loading screen. After applying the script game ran, it was terrific. But then the game crashed and Steam told me that one file was corrupted somehow. It downloaded a new one, applied it and when I tried to rerun the game, I got the same endless loading screen as before the script. then I tried to apply the script again but now I get this:
Error: One or More Files failed to match the Original Checksum!
Please go to Steam > Garry's Mod > Properties > Installed Files, Verify Integrity, then try again!

I've done it, all files were good. I've also read here that script updates every 6 hours, so I've waited till now. Tried again and I still have the same problem.

MacOS Ventura 13.4.1
M1 chip
Same as before. There was an update to x86-64 branch just a couple hours ago. That's why it's happening again. I'll manually run our update check, try in around 40 minutes if you're available at that time. Just know that if commits are still being made to the x86-64 branch throughout the day, it will still remain an issue depending on timing. If a commit comes while I'm regenerating the manifest, it won't work even after it finishes.

Same as before. There was an update to x86-64 branch just a couple hours ago. That's why it's happening again. I'll manually run our update check, try in around 40 minutes if you're available at that time. Just know that if commits are still being made to the x86-64 branch throughout the day, it will still remain an issue depending on timing. If a commit comes while I'm regenerating the manifest, it won't work even after it finishes.
Works perfectly fine! Thank you very much my friend! <3 Do you have a kofi or other donation system available?

Whenever g mod starts it minimizes and opens around 4 times then its a black screen for another second then it quits and it says it quit unexpectedly.

Whenever g mod starts it minimizes and opens around 4 times then its a black screen for another second then it quits and it says it quit unexpectedly.
Are you in full screen or windowed? GMod in full screen is known to have some odd behavior on macOS.
Try using the launch option
Code:
-windowed

Hi, I was trying to install the fix and i keep getting this message. I've already verified the integrity of the files and even reinstall the game but ive had no luck. Any help would be great, thanks!
8d23a89469345d7d5bd615fc19710298-png.479

Hi, I was trying to install the fix and i keep getting this message. I've already verified the integrity of the files and even reinstall the game but ive had no luck. Any help would be great, thanks!
Hello! I have a problem while running code fix for gmod, my terminal shows this:

Update check has since run. Try again.

If the game updated recently, you need to just have patience while we wait for the update check to run, which takes 6 hours at most.

Reinstalling the game can't fix our patches being outdated.

Update check has since run. Try again.

If the game updated recently, you need to just have patience while we wait for the update check to run, which takes 6 hours at most.

Reinstalling the game can't fix our patches being outdated.
That's it working now. Thanks!

Ok, thanks! I got this working. I did have the -nochronium, but once I took it out went back and forth from no beta to x86 64 and did the patch all worked good. Only thing is I launch game and I get a window then the fullscreen game, but the resolution Is stuck at 800x600 with no option to change, also got this.. screenshot, The grey is meant to be a blueish forcefield what you can see transparently through apparently.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 23.45.03.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 23.45.03.png
    722 KB · Views: 2
Ok, thanks! I got this working. I did have the -nochronium, but once I took it out went back and forth from no beta to x86 64 and did the patch all worked good. Only thing is I launch game and I get a window then the fullscreen game, but the resolution Is stuck at 800x600 with no option to change, also got this.. screenshot, The grey is meant to be a blueish forcefield what you can see transparently through apparently.
Set your resolution in the game's launch options using -w for width and -h for height.

Ex. `-w 1920 -h 1080` for 1080p

OK got resolution working just one big problem, when I go to rotate props it won't let me, the mousepad on MacBook Pro won't do it, and then the games crashed 3 times now attempting to rotate a prop .. also steam overlay won't work.

Last edited:
OK got resolution working just one big problem, when I go to rotate props it won't let me, the mousepad on MacBook Pro won't do it, and then the games crashed 3 times now attempting to rotate a prop .. also steam overlay won't work.
Steam overlay isn't working in GMod on macOS. There's no fix for that.
I don't know why you're crashing when trying to rotate props. These issues both have nothing to do with our patches, though.
You may benefit from reporting your crashes on the Garry's Mod Github. https://github.com/Facepunch/garrysmod-issues

So any idea how to fix the opaque forcefields or the out of scale HuD, as you see below text is cut off?

Other than that very glad this works swell as it does.

UPDATE!. I fixed the forcefields, I went to garrysmod folder deleted quite few things and reverified and relaunched and now it works!(strange as I did reinstall garrysmod) also reverified all source games other day.

UPDATE 2. Its back again. Not sure what I've done maybe reinstall all source,gmod. verify then see

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 23.28.49.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 23.28.49.png
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 15.26.19.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 15.26.19.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 15.30.02.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 15.30.02.png
    1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So any idea how to fix the opaque forcefields or the out of scale HuD, as you see below text is cut off?
There will always be some weirdness when playing GMod on macOS, unfortunately. Text alignment issues are normal, like what you seem to be encountering here. Forcefield thing seems like a really strange issue and I've asked for others to give input on that in our Discord server. No one really knows what's going on. These issues aren't related to our fix at all but rather quirks with GMod on macOS/OpenGL, at least that's my thought.

Side note: Be careful not to press some of these notorious key combos; "CMD+Q/CMD+W/Opt+CMD+W" while messing around in game as they may force close the game without warning. This might make you believe you are crashing when you're not actually. I've done this more than I care to admit.

OK many thanks for the script. Its strange I got the forcefields back working then back to the issue again. I thought of maybe running the half life 2 games but I cannot launch them on Mac. So if need me to head to discord for any potential fixes let me know, love to fix it , even better to keep it fixed because the initial verify, then rescript worked. On windows I use always get shiny textures and had to mat_specular often, that was on more than one laptop..

Updates: here's todays, a half/half ive gotten before

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 15.51.31.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 15.51.31.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 15.51.11.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 15.51.11.png
    950.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 15.49.31.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 15.49.31.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited: