Hi, today I would like to present a few ideas I had:
- Allowing Spectating and Joining Mid-Game (All Excursions, including Golf) : I would like to be able to watch a game in progress, with the option to press a button to join in on the next hole during the scorecard display. I would get no score for the previous holes, but then my score and points would only count on the holes I played. Also, if a player goes AFK during a hole and the timer runs out, they should be put into Spectate mode automatically. A similar system could be put on other excursions as well.
- Snowball Arena Battle Royale: Like Laser Tag, but with snowballs... Basically, there's two teams, and there must be at least two players to play. The players have unlimited lives, but there's a finite number of rounds, and credits are paid based on your average score multiplied by the number of rounds played (which only includes rounds you weren't spectating). The MVP(s) on each team gets double credits, and the winning team gets double credits overall. There would be multiple arenas, ranging from simple, with basic barriers to duck behind, to complex, with multiple levels, hallways, areas of at least partial cover, and vantage points. Alternatively, there could be free-for-all, where there's no teams.
- Silly Sleds: Wacky Races where you play one of various courses full of any number of obstacles. You are given 5 minutes to put together a sled, selecting a body, struts, skis, and thrusters, each category involving using a native GMod prop that would fit that category, all having various attributes (weight, aerodynamic, coolness, silliness). Credits are awarded based on your placement at the finish.
- Junkyard Scramble: Multiple players or two teams play against each other to find random props as they come up on a display or hud of some sort. They have to shoot the prop with the remover tool (not the real one, rather, a replica) to get points and "remove" it.... but there's a penalty for shooting the wrong prop! Similar credit awarding system to Snowball Arena Battle Royale.
- Fowl Shoot: Multiplayer Duck Hunt. can either shoot ducks or clay pigeons (disks), can have teams or not.
- Beach Town: No time limit, no goal, join or leave at any time, just have fun walking on the beach, talking to NPCs, watch the waves (and your cruise ship in the distance), explore the town. Just for fun~ Time of day is same as on the ship. Perhaps fireworks at night, and the beach could run north to south so you can see sunrise and sunset over the ocean.
- Put boats in the Excursion bays: You know, for aesthetic purposes. Maybe even make each boat customized to the specific excursion it goes to.
- Seasonal Excursions?: Maybe have Snowball Arena and Silly Sleds during winter if too many excursions get added, then have season-based excursions?