Denied Retz Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retz

First off, I'd like to request that someone higher up then Noire deal with this appeal, as Noire is obviously extremely biased towards this situation and is denying the appeal even though it was a false ban. Thank you.

I am re-opening this appeal as my first one was locked before I could even give a response, and the reply that Noire gave was proof that it was a false ban, so I am going to give my response at the top, and my ban appeal is below.

Noire starts off by linking all the videos I queued.
The first one was Abbo-core, yes it's a racist song, but again, it was only Scoobert and Myself in the theater, and neither of us cared. And let me just add that that song didn't even start playing, it was removed before it even started to play. Also, I queued that hours before this whole situation even happened, so when Noire was banning us, he was obviously looking for whatever dirt he could just to make his ban seem just, when it obviously wasn't. He was losing and argument and being proven wrong, and wasn't having that. He's a sore loser if you will.

The 3 videos he linked after that were all documentaries, and all of them were allowed. None of them were graphic, or breaking any rules.

Noire then goes on to say that I called a player a 'faggot', but Noire knows full well that the person I was calling a 'faggot' was my friend Scoobert Doobert. I am allowed to call my own IRL best mates 'faggots', especially if we are the only two in the theater.

He then goes on to say that I wasn't being polite during the arguments, which is true, I wasn't being polite, but I wasn't calling anyone names or breaking any rules either by not being polite, so that is irrelevant.

Noire also points out that we kept on queuing videos after he had skipped them, but we weren't queuing the same videos, they were completely different documentaries, just on the same subject, so that's not trolling.

I also never tried to get around the ban with alts, I tried to log in with one, and was banned because it was being family shared, and that was the end of it. The only reason I tried to go on that alt was because Noire was ignoring me.

So all I have to say is, Noire mate, you're obviously in the wrong here. The reasons you banned me for were:
- 'Civil unrest', yet the three videos I queued weren't causing civil unrest, and weren't breaking any rules, so that is false.
- 'Trolling', we were queuing videos that were completely different from the ones you said weren't alright, you never told us that Columbine as a whole wasn't allowed, you said that the specific documentaries that were were queuing weren't allowed, so we kept on queuing new ones until we found one that was allowed, so we weren't trolling, and again, that is false.
- 'Discrimination', this is the only point of yours that actually isn't false. Yes, I queued a video that is racist (if you were Australian you'd know it's a joke video though), but that's the thing, it was only queued, it never actually ended up getting played, and I never queued it again after that first time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steam Username: Retz

Length of Ban: 2 weeks

Staff Member that Banned You: Noire

Ban Reason: 'trolling, civil unrest, disturbing' and some other made up reasons

Why You Should Be Unbanned:
So according to your mod Noire (http://steamcommunity.com/id/MuffinKing222), when someone has a different opinion then you do, and tries to argue their point with you, it's considered 'trolling, civil unrest, disturbing and discrimination'.

The story goes like this, my friend and I, Scoobert Doobert, were on the server and in the mood to watch documentaries and conspiracy theory videos, so we started off by watching a Columbine documentary (keep in mind, Scoobert and I are the only ones in the theater). 10 minutes or so into the documentary, Noire comes along and skips the video. We both ask him why he skipped the video, as the '!rules' don't say that videos of that kind aren't allowed. He just gives us some bullshit like "videos with security camera footage aren't allowed", so I ask him again where it says in the rules where it says that, and he doesn't reply.
I then ask Noire to get one of his higher ups to come on the server, because I felt that he was being extremely unfair, and he doesn't.

So me and my mate move on from Columbine and put on Sandy Hook instead, but according to Noire, Sandy Hook is allowed but Columbine isn't, which makes no fucking sense.
We watch the whole Sandy Hook documentary, which was 1 and a half hours long, keeping to ourselves and chatting between each other about stories and conspiracy theories, just having a good time.
This is when Noire barges in again and kicks Scoobert because he queued a Columbine video again.

At this point we start to argue with Noire again, we're having a normal argument, asking why we can't watch the video and stating that watching the video wasn't against the rules. At this point, Noire realizes that he's losing the arguement, so he thinks of a solution quickly. He bans Scoobert for 'trolling, civil unrest, disturbing' and some other bullshit. Now if you saw what we were saying (and please, look at the chat logs if possible), you would see that Scoobert clearly wasn't trolling, and that this was a false ban.

After Scoobert was banned, I argued with Noire telling him that he just falsely banned Scoobert, and after awhile, he bans me as well for the same reasons, even though I wasn't doing any of the things he mentioned either.

If you have seen Scoobert or myself on the server before, then you would know that we're both kind lads that just like to sit around, listen to some music, and have a chat. We're NOT trolls, and definitely weren't trying to cause any civil unrest (which is a stupid fucking ban reason by the way, because Scoobert and I were the only ones in that cinema, so we weren't bothering anyone else by playing those videos, therefore we weren't causing any civil unrest).

we ended up watching it on another cinema server after being banned, and it wasn't graphic at all, so that alone shows that it was a false ban.
It would be appreciated if someone higher up, and with more experience then Noire could do something about this.

Myself: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RekItRetz/

Cheers

The fact that you even tried to get around the ban in the first place makes your appeal invalid, before we even get into the actual reason you were banned. But, please note that Noire's response was made after we had a staff discussion, that included me, for how he should respond.

Sorry, but we'll see you in 2 weeks, and no less.

/denied
/locked

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back