Denied Emerald Sustrai/Nora Valkyrie's moderator application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyra Rovins

Steam Username
It's currently "Emerald Sustrai," but it was "Nora Valkyrie" for a long period until recently, and is sometimes subject to change, so for convenience I will also provide my steam ID: STEAM_0:0:81491265, and here is my profile vanity URL that does not change at all: http://steamcommunity.com/id/justhitemwiththehammer/

Current Age
I am 20 years old.

Timezone (Use this website if you don't know)
Eastern Standard Time, but I am nightshift/nocturnal.

Time Ranges Typically on the Server in a Day (Eastern Time)
I'm most commonly seen playing between 3PM and 6AM server time or whenever a special event occurs, but I take the sun's day night cycle as nothing but a mere suggestion, so I have often been spotted on the server at every hour around the clock, and can easily be called on at will if a situation arises.

Position Applying For
Moderator.

Understand and Agree to Maintain Activity Quota?
Of course. I can easily meet or exceed a 17.5 hour weekly quota, and would both notify with plenty of warning and "tag team" a stand-in if external circumstances such as illness or travel would complicate doing so.
Currently I have no other obligations whatsoever, not even school or work. Hopefully that will change soon but I can still promise that I will meet my activity quota as I am only seeking part-time employment.
I am willing and able to use Discord.

Past Experience/Creations Applicable to Position
I have experience moderating on a Harry Potter roleplay server, which was an incredibly fast paced and demanding position. I stepped down from that position, but not before I gained an extensive knowledge of common moderation tactics and tools such as ULX. That position also taught me how to manage time effectively when dealing with admin calls and such and how to "triage" a situation and prioritize.
I understand that not every server is the same, and what works for a Harry Potter themed DarkRP server may not necessarily apply wholesale to a rather quiet and established Cinema server, but the tools used are the same, so much of my knowledge will apply even though there is much still I can be taught.

Community Join Date and Total Playtime on Servers
I first joined Yuki back in February of 2016. If there is anything I regret, it is not discovering this server sooner. I have about 290 hours logged as of my last check, and I am level 110 on the server. I understand that my hours may be considered "low" by some but I feel it is more about what you do with those hours rather than simply how many you have logged.

How You Would Improve the Studio or Community
Like I previously mentioned, I bring prior knowledge of the tools of the trade with me. Some things may have to be adapted, but for those things I've always been a quick learner. If the more well-known of my screen names is mentioned to most regulars, they know me well. I consider myself to be approachable. I also have a good number of the server's regulars added on steam, and room in my neatly organized friends list for all of the staff as well. They know that I can always be contacted, whether just for chitchat or for more serious reasons.
I want nothing more than to see the amazing community that is Yukitheater thrive, and I feel this is the best course of action I can take to do so.

Extra Information or Comments
I would like to use this space to outline my relative strengths and weaknesses and how they pertain to a moderation position.
I consider myself to have high endurance, as I can play a server for hours on end, with very few breaks, even if what I'm doing is boring. If it helps someone, that's more than enough drive to keep doing it.
However, I sometimes have difficulties maintaining patience with players who are simply on a server just to cause trouble. I do my best to ensure they receive a fair "trial" and punishment, but it definitely gets on my nerves and can wear on me, but it will never cause me to give up!
In my time as staff on the previously mentioned roleplay server, there would be 2-3 hour periods where I was the only staff member available and online to manage nearly 85 people, many of whom were there just to troll. When I see I challenge like that, I rise to meet it. I might still sigh exasperatedly, because who wouldn't, but I have tenacity.
Lastly, I do not know if this can be considered a strength, per se, but since I am very active in interacting with community members both within and outside the server, I forge many friendships and bonds. I have met some of my best friends from steam on here.

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read and consider my application for the moderator position, and wish luck to all others that applied.

~Lyra

Hello there!

We've just updated our stickied Staff Application Information thread to include information about our new application process. This application is too old to participate in the new process, and as such, is being Automatically Denied.

However, if you are still interested in becoming a Moderator for Solstice Game Studios, we encourage you to re-apply with a new application.

We hope to see you in the future!

/auto denied
/locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back