Denied Ditzy's Mod Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditzy

Donator
(Originally posted Mar 5, 2016)

Hi all! I've been a part of this community for a while and I decided I wanted to go for a position of moderator. So, here goes!

Steam Username
DitzyDaffy

Current Age

Timezone
GMT

Time Ranges Typically on the Server in a Day (Eastern Time)
Typically I’m on the server at anytime from the afternoon (about 9 or 10am EST) to quite late in the morning (sometimes as late as 4am EST)

Position Applying For
I am applying for the position of moderator.

Understand and Agree to Maintain Activity Quota?
Of course I do, yes!

Past Experience/Creations Applicable to Position
I’ve been the admin of my own successful Minecraft server in the past, with around 20 active players on my server. I am also skilled in technology and have spent well over 1600 hours playing GMod (over half of which is YT), which has familiarised me with the controls and the console functions. I have also moderated before on other platforms such as forums, and I was considered to be a great addition to the moderating team by such places.
I have spent most of my life on the internet communicating with other people across the world, and have played many multiplayer games over the years, so I know how to treat others with respect and deal with any problematic issues if they were to arise. I am calm under pressure, which is demonstrated on Yuki whenever I stay calm when someone tries to annoy me.

I was previously a prefect for a year in high school - this was essentially like being a moderator in real life, as I had a notepad and had to discipline students and sometimes even send them to the headmaster if they broke any school rules. My school had around 1000 students, and only a few of us were selected to be prefects, me being one of them.

I am on the Student Committee for my college, representing thousands of students of all ages that are in education there. I regularly attend meetings and discuss ways to help improve, and I believe I could bring these skills in creative problem solving and co-operation to the table.

Community Join Date and Total Playtime on Servers
My first video was queued on the 16th of Februrary, 2016. I have had over 875 hours of playtime on the server thus far. I've played a lot of different cinema server maps, but I find Yuki to be the most enjoyable for me.

How You Would Improve the Studio or Community
I would bring an element of chillness and smooth vibes to the community, in addition to me being in a timezone where I can help out with the less mod-filled server hours. For movie nights, I would be able to use my film knowledge to help out with and plan events, which is made easier as I have a good internet connection to stream with. I am also quite quick to notice suspicious behaviour or players on the server, so I would be able to swiftly moderate any unwarranted behaviour from players. I will also like to add that I want to take away stress from mods here, specifically people who work their butts off like Pat or Recon. I believe I could help cut down on the amount of time Pat and other mods have to constantly spend on the server, especially as I'm on the server a lot anyway :p

Extra Information or Comments
I believe I have a good rapport with current staff members and Yuki regulars, so if I were to become a mod it would be easier for me to integrate into the moderator ranks. I also have lots of creative ideas, and am skilled in graphic design, so if need be I could help out in these departments as well. I’ve noticed that the moderation of the server sometimes stresses members of staff, so if possible, I’d like to help alleviate stress for current staff members. I also find I'm in a good timezone - when I'm on in the afternoon, there's usually no moderators or the odd one moderator, so I'd like to be able to fill those hours (as mentioned previously). Thank you for reading my application, and I hope you consider me for the position of moderator! :)

Last edited:
Hello there!

We've just updated our stickied Staff Application Information thread to include information about our new application process. This application is too old to participate in the new process, and as such, is being Automatically Denied.

However, if you are still interested in becoming a Moderator for Solstice Game Studios, we encourage you to re-apply with a new application.

We hope to see you in the future!

/auto denied
/locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back