Not open for further replies.

Ditzy

Donator
Steam Username
DitzyDaffy

Current Age

Timezone
GMT (currently BST)

Time Ranges Typically on the Server in a Day (Eastern Time)
Usually on anywhere from about 4 in the afternoon (11am) ‘til about 5, 6 in the morning (12am, 1am)

Position Applying For (Moderator, Programmer, Modeler, Mapper, Graphics Artist, or Video Editor/Marketeer)
Video Editor/Marketeer

Past Experience/Creations Applicable to Position
I have been interested in video production and editing for most of my life now; infact, almost 6 years ago at the age of 12, I even created and edited my own short film (linked here) and various other YouTube videos, like another YouTube video for my brother, and even more on other channels (that have since been deleted). In these videos, I used to use the editing software Sony Vegas Pro - since I have had many years of experience with the program now, I am proficient with it to a higher standard than shown here. When I was 12, I also used to experiment with editing anime - here, I created a Sailor Moon transformation sequence from later seasons which mirrored the early English dub transformations, and here, I created a Sailor Moon transformation which mimicked the Japanese original, but without Sailor Moon’s voice, for fandubbers to use in their works (at this time, I was going by the name of Holcutie).

I have also been involved with media in the form of education for 4 years now; I completed a 2 year course of Media Studies for my GCSEs, in which I had to create videos, marketing materials and more for a target audience. At the end of this 2 year course, I earned an A, earning an A* for the exam in which we had to analyse various elements of a clip from a popular film.

After this, I studied a year of Film Studies and Media Studies - in both of these classes, I learnt about various aspects of the media and how audience perception is changed in regards to messages communicated in media products, and how we could use these various theories and methods in our own works. In the end, we had to create our own suspenseful short film for Film Studies, and for Media Studies, our own TV show, complete with marketing via the internet in the form of social media and websites (we had to make our own website from scratch). I created a short horror/mystery film, named ‘Bumps in the Night’. (I will provide the link to whoever reads over my application, as it has my real name in it and I would prefer to not have that information made public). This was my first media production effort and, though it didn’t turn out exactly how I wanted it to, it effectively communicated the message that I intended it to.

I began college last year, and am now finishing up my first year. I have been study Level 3 Media, and it has been very practically based in addition to being theoretically based. Throughout this year, I have created a short drama sting which represents the cliches associated with drama, a post-apocalyptic film as part of my Final Major Project (our last project of the year, which will decide what our overall grade is for the course [as stated before, I will provide the link to whoever reads over my application, as it has my real name in it and I would prefer to not have that information made public]), minimalist posters for various media texts (here’s a Willy Wonka one I made), an animated music video about the UK, a short about Kinetic Typography, and a short animated sequence. I am in the process of completing my Level 3 Animation degree, which means that I can also animate if the Video Editor/Marketeer role requires me to do so.

In addition to all of this, I have had recent work experience filming and editing a local Poetry Festival singlehandedly, which was filmed last weekend. There was meant to be others helping me out with this, but I was the only one who showed up and got the task done. I was filming footage at the festival for 9 hours, with 4 different cameras, which is giving me quite a task with editing. However, due to prevalent use of Premiere Pro for the past year at college, I am proficient with video editing software now, so it isn’t an impossible task for me to do.

The skills I have accrued through various projects and editing projects, as well as team based projects, can easily be applied to the position of Video Editor/Marketeer. I can easily work as a team or solo, as demonstrated by my previous experiences. I can easily adapt and follow instructions that I am given, as well as carry messages across for whatever you would like me to do. I can also get in contact with famous personalities - I used to be friends with Yogscast Martyn, I am friends with UberHaxorNova, and I have met various YouTube celebrities at conventions.

Community Join Date and Total Playtime on Servers (you can give a rough estimate if you don't know)
Joined February 16th 2016, playtime of 788 hours

How You Would Improve the Studio or Community
I believe I would be able to bring my extensive knowledge and personal experience to the community. I would be able to better get the word about YukiTheater out there, and show mass audiences what our community and server is like. I know all the different ways to target an audience, with my years of education regarding the Media industry, and so I would be able to put these skills into action if I am chosen to be part of the development team.

Extra Information or Comments
I have a fast PC - the specifications are Intel I7 2600K 3.4ghz 8mb Cache, 16gb of DDR3 1333 Memory, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Overclocked, 2TB Western Digital Hard Drive and a 750 watt power supply. This means I can effectively and regularly record footage of the server for use in promotional videos, if the need so requires. I have fast access to the internet, which makes uploading videos to YouTube no problem. I could even stream to Twitch if the YT team decided it would be a good idea.

I would also like to briefly add that, in my spare time, I like editing on various YouTube channels. This is the channel I mainly use for uploading, whereas this is the channel I like to use for trashy, quick edits. My current personal favourite videos are this one and this one.

I am eager to create content for YT as I have been a dedicated and active member of this community for quite a while now. I want to do everything I can to improve this community as I love it to pieces, and would love to see it expand to an even wider scope. Thank you for reading my application!

This application never got a response under our old system. Please re-submit it if you're still interested!

/locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back