Adding more to MUTE

RoyalKing

I understand the developers have their hands full with lots of the upcoming updates and fixes, but I was wondering if we could maybe add something onto the Trello board. I would like it if you guys could maybe work on adding one adjustment to the mute settings.
Example:
  • Having a red dot beside someone's name showing the other player that he's been muted by that player. (Only the player that has been muted can see the red dot)
It's just a small idea but I just thought that it would be nice if people can know who muted them just to prevent confusion.
Thank you for taking your time to read this. :D

Or just open the Scoreboard... ^^; The mute symbol is red next to players you've muted there.

I mean, I'll add it if the community really wants me to, but I don't really see a point in it myself.

I mean, I'll add it if the community really wants me to, but I don't really see a point in it myself.
It's fine, it's just a small suggestion to see if anyone likes it or not. I wasn't expecting anyone to add it, I'm just making suggestions, it's what this part of the discussion is for right? haha But thanks anyways. ^^

Just to clarify, I think you misunderstood what Royal is asking for. They wish to be able to see if someone else has muted them. You can currently see who you have muted but you cannot see who has muted you. This can lead to people attempting to communicate with someone who cannot see the messages and not know it's happening. Maybe just another icon next to the mic icon that shows if that player has muted you?

That can also raise awkward moments too. Sometimes people mute others because the other person is just super talkative during a show or whatever. I'm sure the person muting doesn't want that other person to know they mute them. People are emotional and some would take offense to being muted and it can cause more problems down the road.

Besides, if you're talking to me and I don't want to talk to you I don't have to and continued silence should be a clue. A tiny little mute indicator shouldn't be the reason someone stops talking to someone who isn't talking back.

and i hope that all made sense because it's like 4am

That can also raise awkward moments too. Sometimes people mute others because the other person is just super talkative during a show or whatever. I'm sure the person muting doesn't want that other person to know they mute them. People are emotional and some would take offense to being muted and it can cause more problems down the road.

Besides, if you're talking to me and I don't want to talk to you I don't have to and continued silence should be a clue. A tiny little mute indicator shouldn't be the reason someone stops talking to someone who isn't talking back.

and i hope that all made sense because it's like 4am

I absolutely agree. As a player who's been harassed on servers before, I'd prefer the aggressor not knowing I have muted them.

(sorry for the late reply)
Alright that's fine, but I disagree with it but I won't argue my point since the majority of you disagree with my idea (which is totally fine). But how about we start by fixing the chat filter box, where selecting the "mute global" actually works, so people can talk to their friends in a local/private theater without having their chat box being spammed/disturbed by global chat.

(sorry for the late reply)
Alright that's fine, but I disagree with it but I won't argue my point since the majority of you disagree with my idea (which is totally fine). But how about we start by fixing the chat filter box, where selecting the "mute global" actually works, so people can talk to their friends in a local/private theater without having their chat box being spammed/disturbed by global chat.
The Chat "Filters" in GMod's Default Chatbox don't even work in Sandbox. Let alone YukiTheater. There's no fixing them.

Back