Denied Ban Appeal: Scob Dob (somebody besides kuro usagi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scob Dob

Steam Username: Scob Dob
Length of Ban: 1 Week
Staff member that banned you: Kuro Usagi
Ban Reason: Harassment, Chat Spam, Ear Rape, Tease
Why You should be unbanned: Only one reason was possibly legitimate, the rest is kuro on a power trip

I would like a reliable admin besides kuro to investigate this, he banned me and muted me on discord so how could he be considered impartial for banning me AND investigating my request?

Ban Reason: Harassment, Trolling, Chat Spam, Ear Rape, Tease, 1 Week, Log IDs: 3080659, 3108562

Trolling/Harassment: You spoke extremely provocatively and aggressively towards Lilly and myself, and continued to do so even after banned by going to the discord to disparage my character and position specifically.

Chat Spam: In the past you were warned by Weiss for Spamming Global Chat, and you also showed your habit of having very quick one sided conversations in global, I recommend waiting to see if there's reciprocation from other connected users before continuing a conversation in global for very long.

Ear Rape: In the past you were warned by Weiss for playing this video, because you have the warning on record, it's noted in your ban, to show that you've been punished since your last warnings.

Tease: In the past you were warned by Ziziio for playing this video, because you have the warning on record, it's noted in your ban, to show that you've been punished since your last warnings.

Hopefully you see now that all reasons are credible and indeed legitimate, I hope you can understand why you were banned, and why you will remain banned for the original duration.

I did not play CARDI B: WAP
I did not play RULE BRITTANIA EARRAPE
AGAIN
so where is this continued point?

Last edited:
if anyone besides Kuro could bring up global I doubt calling people my pal and saying "frig you" is considered global abuse?

I would also remind you that kuro usagi was permabanned in 2018, so I refuse to trust somebody with a ban as an admin

higher admins can check chat logs, but I had 2 people kicked for vouching for me and another dc/d for european reasons

currently sitting here reading the discord notes, sophie bear posting that I was "I've seen that he was intentionally getting in their way when they're trying to enjoy a theater. That alone constitutes trolling since he refused to stop when asked." when I sat in my own theater with others and called an admin poopie doesn't really constitute as harassment in my mindset, neither does me being banned for a video I was warned about last year counting as "earrape and tease" currently

the scrubby commentary is valid, I did not know that you could not comment on other appeals, but from what I read and see I have violated (besides being warned and accepting that warning) 0 server rules besides calling kuro a poopie when he said "be nice or i'll ban you"

Hi Scob,

As you wanted a Higher Staff Member to review, I'll be handling your ban appeal.

Ban Reason: Harassment, Trolling, Chat Spam, Ear Rape, Tease, 1 Week, Log IDs: 3080659, 3108562

I'll try and address each of the ban reason parts individually, as well as address your points.

Ear Rape / Tease
You played two videos which you were warned for, and for which the warnings had not yet expired:
https://www.yukitheater.org/theater/videoinfo.php?id=3080659
https://www.yukitheater.org/theater/videoinfo.php?id=3108562

This should be fairly straightforward. The videos you played were against our rules, so you were warned for them. Whenever you're warned, we're reminding you of the rules so that you can make sure you're following them in the future. To address your point on not having played them again, that's good, but that doesn't mean the original warnings were made irrelevant by simply not playing them again.

Chat Spam
By your own chat logs evidence that was attached to your previous ban appeal, as well as our own copy, you were talking extensively in Global Chat, to the point other players were complaining. Weiss has warned you in the past for this.
[GLOBAL] Lilly: stop asking me every 10 minutes if ill be your pal lol
[GLOBAL] Kuro Usagi: i wish i could take away the ability to chat
[GLOBAL] Lilly: you are in the same theater stop talking about this over global
[GLOBAL] Kuro Usagi: its 6am and my patience is wearing thin

Harassment / Trolling
Once again according to the chat logs, you were being actively antagonistic to other players, to the point they were making it fairly clear they wanted you to stop.
[GLOBAL] Scob Dob: just ban lilly kuro
[GLOBAL] Scob Dob: reason:cringe
[GLOBAL] Scob Dob: frig off you pallless person
[GLOBAL] Scob Dob: lilly is just mad
[GLOBAL] Scob Dob: he didn't make enough for a new dakimakura like me
[GLOBAL] Scob Dob: shh just let lilly sperg
[GLOBAL] Kuro Usagi: also be nicer to people or i'll ban you

Addressing a couple of your remaining points
I would like a reliable admin besides kuro to investigate this, he banned me and muted me on discord so how could he be considered impartial for banning me AND investigating my request?
It's standard procedure for the moderator that banned you to review your appeal, so that they're able to defend themselves. You can at all times request a higher staff member to review it instead however, which is how I'm responding to your appeal now.

I would also remind you that kuro usagi was permabanned in 2018, so I refuse to trust somebody with a ban as an admin
Kuro's past history is not what we're talking about here. We're talking about your ban, the reasons you were banned, and your appeal to those reasons. Kuro would not be a moderator if the rest of the staff didn't have confidence in them.

In Conclusion
After you were banned, you spammed #lobby in the Discord until you were Muted, spammed me, and spammed other members of staff directly about your ban.

Later, you asked some of your friends in the community to post "FREE SCOB" in a variety of places including YukiTheater's chat, the Discord, and the Forums in an effort to gain even further attention to your ban.

To be clear, the final result of all of this only served to make staff and community members annoyed with you. Over a week long ban.

Through all of that effort, all of that attention grabbing, the only thing you truly succeeded in was dragging out your appeal, and making staff members not want to work with you through the process. We're not some big corporation where you have to shout at them for hours/days to get their attention. We're a video game community run by 13 people, making barely enough money to keep servers running.

When you DM me on Discord, you're DM-ing a real person, waking up to message spam over a ban that should've just been handled as a single, properly-formatted appeal, on the Forums.

We'll see you in 4 days.

/denied
/locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back