Denied Clunky's Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clunky

Level Designer
Donator
Steam Username
Clunky, (http://steamcommunity.com/id/clunkyy/)

Current Age
16 years old. (September, 2000)

Timezone (Use this website if you don't know)
UTC-07:00 Mountain Time

Time Ranges Typically on the Server in a Day (Eastern Time)
Currently I'm only on the discord, I'm usually on it from 1:00pmMT (3:00pmEST), to 11:30pmMT (1:30amEST). The time of course being on and off as I do workout from Mondays-Thursdays during the day.

Position Applying For (Moderator, Programmer, Modeler, Mapper, Graphics Artist, or Video Editor/Marketeer)
I'm applying for the position of 'Mapper/Level Designer'.

Understand and Agree to Maintain Activity Quota? (Moderators only)
(N/A)

Past Experience/Creations Applicable to Position
I currently have two maps I am able to show off, one of which was completed on July 2nd (gm_sewerscene), and the other map I started a little over a month ago (Sometime around May) that will be based off of a lab. Chances are I'll restart development on it soon. I have several (15) other test maps that are used for testing out mechanics and such, but they again are just test levels and aren't nor ever will be in a state for release. I have also worked with the CS:GO version of hammer and have released a 1v1 map that took me about 1 1/2 hours to complete, it definitely could've used some refining but it was meant for me and my friends to mainly mess around on. (As of editing on 17-Jul-17 I've found yet ANOTHER map in a folder containing a ton of old stuff I've made, I thought it may deserve a spot in this application as creating it gave me the initial motivation to continue mapping.)

Photos/videos of projects listed above:
"gm_sewerscene":

unnamed hammer level (lab entrance):
(Space texture is a placeholder for an elevator I never got around to adding.)

"1v1_y33t"
First Version:
L26XfQ4.jpg

Second/Final Version:
6mfkAcF.jpg

An unfinished desert base: (Confused on why my older maps always end at the elevator.)

Community Join Date and Total Playtime on Servers (you can give a rough estimate if you don't know)
I joined around the start of April after seeing the "Project Inspiration" trailer. (April 1-6~)

How You Would Improve the Studio or Community
I would improve this community by helping accelerating the progress of this projects release, and therefor the quality it releases with. I am happy to work as long as I am needed to, to get something done. As well as hopefully being able to help out other developers, be it programmers, mappers, modelers, graphic artists, etc. with whatever they may be doing or needing help with.

Extra Information or Comments
I hope this application can be read, and accepted without a doubt in your mind that I can, and will do everything in my power to make everything come out as beautiful, innovative and as perfectly crafted as possible. One of my dreams would be to work as hard as I possibly can to create a sense of immersion to the players on-board, and If I need to work for hours and hours everyday in order to due so, I will. I also love modern design and believe I could help design the ship in a way that is pleasing to the eye, and to the overall aesthetic of the ship. I would also like to say that I have no problem taking criticism, as that is in my opinion the best way to learn. Thank you for reading.

(If you'd at all like to speak on Discord I'm usually in a voice channel during the evening.)

EDIT: Forgot to add I've been mapping for around a three years on and off, but have started putting some hard effort into mapping for about the past 9-10 months and can say without a doubt that I know my way around the program and it's inner workings.

Last edited:
Hello there!

The other developers and I have reviewed your application and voted to Deny it.
Reasons cited: Skills need improvement.

Should you wish to apply again in the future, we ask you to please review the reasons above and fix them before doing so. Better luck next time!

/denied
/locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back