1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Windows interfering with items in cabins + Laser emitters / stage lights completely broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ilm9001.com, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilm9001.com

ilm9001.com Member Donator

Affected Gamemode/Excursion: Cabins / Ship

Summary of Issue Encountered: The windows / balconys hitbox is too large, meaning i cant place anything close to them. (Im trying to cover up my windows :D)

Expected Result: I would be able to cover up my windows or place stuff next to the angled balcony.

Actual Result: I get a "Colliding with ship" error.

Steps to Reproduce: 1 Go to your cabin. 2 Try to place for example a wall next to the two large windows that are angled (aka not the one on the most left side)

Screenshots/Error(s) in Console (if applicable) of the Issue

More info: This was only broken in the latest update, and since i reset my cabin (after having the windows being covered) i couldnt cover them again. Also theres a issue with the laser emitters and stage lights where you cant place them at all. (Other than on other items)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  2. ilm9001.com

ilm9001.com Member Donator

Just a suggestion with it, let me be able to put stuff that collide with the ship. Would be great for more advanced building.

3. WinterPhoenix

WinterPhoenix Founder/Lead Developer Staff Member Founder/Lead Developer

Well, that's definitely not intended. I'll look into it; there may be something in the map causing it.

4. WinterPhoenix

WinterPhoenix Founder/Lead Developer Staff Member Founder/Lead Developer

Right so, due to some limitations of Source Engine, we had to do a workaround, so it'll still report it as colliding, but the "Yellow" kind of colliding, which will let you place things on the windows again. We'll be pushing the update containing that to the Beta Server soon!

Thanks for reporting this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.