New Year Resolution *2016*

Do you think you'll make your resolution come true?

• Total voters
Welp, so far so good on my New Year's Resolutions :)

Basically, mine's to lose weight and eat more healthily. I still have fast food, but I always go for the healthiest option i.e. getting a chicken wrap instead of a fatty beef burger. I also have a mini exercise bike under my desk, which I set a requirement to lose at least 1111 calories a day using it.

I've cut out snacks from my diet, and if I do have something similar to a snack, I check the saturates to make sure it's about 1g of saturated fat or less. I have lots of tinned cans of things like potatoes, peas, beans, etc that are incredibly healthy if I ever get peckish. I've basically cut chocolate completely out of my diet (I didn't used to have it much anyway tbh) and I have somehow managed to stay away from using cheese as a topping myself, something which I used to do all the time so I'm surprised I've managed to curb stomp that habit. I'm also constantly checking the saturates and calories on anything I eat to make sure I lose more that day with my exercise bike.

I've definitely lost a few kg these past few weeks, and my family keep commenting on how much thinner I look. I just went downstairs and my mum and dad commented on it again! I believe I'm at about 94kg right now, and I aim to keep going until I'm an ideal weight. This is a note to all you hoping to lose weight - you don't have to completely give up fast food, just start getting the healthiest things you can from fast food places and exercise a bit. It doesn't have to be a lot, but you'll definitely lose weight if you do this.

I think all that's left to do is push myself to go out more, and ask friends to go out more, and I believe I can do this and more if I start making to do lists again on the regular (thanks Winter for reminding me about that!)

I really like the re-analyzing of progress that you're doing in this thread. :) I'm not really a New Years resolution type of person, though I have been working towards some goals this year, mainly getting back to health and maintaining a healthier attitude with life, and getting over some unhealthy habits, as well as implementing more reading into my weekly schedule.

So far I have been doing alright with my goals. Compared to last year, my depression is pretty much gone, I have been going for more walks and doing exercises, and I have been reading more books (mostly spiritual and health related), and I have been working on the unhealthy habits by trying to build healthier habits in replacement (mostly in my way of thinking and thought processes). So considering myself compared to last year I am doing a lot better and life is more meaningful. I still don't have a lot of energy and stamina, and I still am on a mixed up sleeping schedule, but other than that, I think I am doing well with my goals.

It's now March of the New Year, how is everyone doing so far?
Hopefully good, if not...sucks :confused:

I'm not doing so good myself, the shit trail is still going for me, grandmother died and my mother asked me to look after the house while she's gone.

Aw, that must be hard, it is never easy to lose someone close to you like that. :(

My New Years Resolution is the same as yours, We could sweat together ;)
I guess mine would be to just be a harder worker and better person all around. I'll try.
Mine is to teach my baby how to tie her shoes like a hacker.
Mine is probably start working out a bit so I at least have some strength and maybe learn C++.
Get accepted to UCF and to hit the gym.
Mine is to get better grades and maybe lessen on the self-hate xD
that and maybe not fail at moving
My resolution is to actually save my money and manage it so I can have a bunch of money to spend at cons. Oh, and the generic workout response, but I've been doing that with my dad for months now.
It's kind of vague and cookie-cutter, yes, but my resolution is to keep trying to do anything and everything that I can to better me and my life until, I'm hoping, I get to the point where I can say, I'm happy, and truly mean it. I don't want the world, just a little piece of it.

Do your best, guys!

Basically, mine's to lose weight and eat more healthily. I still have fast food, but I always go for the healthiest option i.e. getting a chicken wrap instead of a fatty beef burger. I also have a mini exercise bike under my desk, which I set a requirement to lose at least 1111 calories a day using it.

I've cut out snacks from my diet, and if I do have something similar to a snack, I check the saturates to make sure it's about 1g of saturated fat or less. I have lots of tinned cans of things like potatoes, peas, beans, etc that are incredibly healthy if I ever get peckish. I've basically cut chocolate completely out of my diet (I didn't used to have it much anyway tbh) and I have somehow managed to stay away from using cheese as a topping myself, something which I used to do all the time so I'm surprised I've managed to curb stomp that habit. I'm also constantly checking the saturates and calories on anything I eat to make sure I lose more that day with my exercise bike.

I've definitely lost a few kg these past few weeks, and my family keep commenting on how much thinner I look. I just went downstairs and my mum and dad commented on it again! I believe I'm at about 94kg right now, and I aim to keep going until I'm an ideal weight. This is a note to all you hoping to lose weight - you don't have to completely give up fast food, just start getting the healthiest things you can from fast food places and exercise a bit. It doesn't have to be a lot, but you'll definitely lose weight if you do this.

I think all that's left to do is push myself to go out more, and ask friends to go out more, and I believe I can do this and more if I start making to do lists again on the regular (thanks Winter for reminding me about that!)
I really like the re-analyzing of progress that you're doing in this thread. :) I'm not really a New Years resolution type of person, though I have been working towards some goals this year, mainly getting back to health and maintaining a healthier attitude with life, and getting over some unhealthy habits, as well as implementing more reading into my weekly schedule.

So far I have been doing alright with my goals. Compared to last year, my depression is pretty much gone, I have been going for more walks and doing exercises, and I have been reading more books (mostly spiritual and health related), and I have been working on the unhealthy habits by trying to build healthier habits in replacement (mostly in my way of thinking and thought processes). So considering myself compared to last year I am doing a lot better and life is more meaningful. I still don't have a lot of energy and stamina, and I still am on a mixed up sleeping schedule, but other than that, I think I am doing well with my goals.

Aw, that must be hard, it is never easy to lose someone close to you like that. :(

It's now the 2nd week of April and would like to know how is everyone doing so far.

I'm just finished redecorating and cleaning my room and carpet.
Now I'm going to move a treadmill my aunt gave me next to my room to use it daily, very grateful for that.

I bet some of you didn't make it this far, but there's still 8 months to go!

It's now the 2nd week of April and would like to know how is everyone doing so far.

Now I'm going to move a treadmill my aunt gave me next to my room to use it daily, very grateful for that.

I got sick and then got a job (not in that order) but i haven't done much ;w;

Well, my bank account is pretty stable, and I'm within weight regulations for the navy, and I can do at least 20 good pushups and 40 good situps.

I guess mine would be to just be a harder worker and better person all around. I'll try.
Mine is probably start working out a bit so I at least have some strength and maybe learn C++.
My resolution is to actually save my money and manage it so I can have a bunch of money to spend at cons. Oh, and the generic workout response, but I've been doing that with my dad for months now.
It's kind of vague and cookie-cutter, yes, but my resolution is to keep trying to do anything and everything that I can to better me and my life until, I'm hoping, I get to the point where I can say, I'm happy, and truly mean it. I don't want the world, just a little piece of it.

Do your best, guys!
To make a friend, to learn a computer language, and to get out of depression!

*1st day day of High School after winter break*
"I want to diiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee..."
I am gonna try to be a nicer person. That's about it.
Also, Taihou just made me remember that I have to go back to school tomorrow... ;w;
I am gonna go cry now.
to have more patience
Rip getting a hot bod. Ate Mcdonalds today. LOL
Don't judge me and I won't judge you haha.
My new years resolution is to not whore around etc.
Love the attention I get and it gets really bad cause I flirt a lot.

Good luck to all of you for this new year.

The first week of May is now over and I want to know how are things going for you guys!
Next month is going to be my last little update on this thread.
If you managed to keep going for 6 months then there is no need to keep updating it here since it's tedious to do so.
And same goes if you haven't started or done anything relative to your goal, there's always next year! ^ ^'

I'm barely starting my new daily routine I made for myself for better health and keeping myself busy.

So, I spent $200 on a new phone, but I've been saving my money, and I've been keeping a checkbook kind of thing, and it's really convenient to track my cash. As for my fitness, I've honestly been getting lazy with it.

Still here, still trying to make something of myself. Can't say a whole lot of success has been made, but tomorrow's a new day! Gonna keep striving for it. Thanks for asking! Hope everyone else has been well!

to have more patience
Don't judge me and I won't judge you haha.
My new years resolution is to not whore around etc.
Love the attention I get and it gets really bad cause I flirt a lot.

Good luck to all of you for this new year.

Still here, still trying to make something of myself. Can't say a whole lot of success has been made, but tomorrow's a new day! Gonna keep striving for it. Thanks for asking! Hope everyone else has been well!

Almost forgot to make a post on June.
This is my last post on this thread since there's no point on continuing.
Hope everyone who didn't really make it this far in their goal made a turn around this month.
As for myself. nothing new sadly.
Thank you to everyone who posted and replied back to the update posts.
Have a great Summer!

Back