My Ideas/wishlist for features

Acidmix

1. More Donator Tiers, I think people would donate more money if there was benefits for donating more money.
  2. Locking private theaters, forgive me if this is already possible, but if there was a way you could lock a private theater so your group of friends could watch videos in peace that would be really nice. If this already exists it need to be on the help page or make it easier to use. And of course mods and all of the above could still join of course.
  3. Being able to log in the server with high graphic settings would be nice
Well that's all I can think of for right now.
I would like to thank the staff for such a great gaming experience. Thank You

1. More Donator Tiers, I think people would donate more money if there was benefits for donating more money.
  2. Locking private theaters, forgive me if this is already possible, but if there was a way you could lock a private theater so your group of friends could watch videos in peace that would be really nice. If this already exists it need to be on the help page or make it easier to use. And of course mods and all of the above could still join of course.
  3. Being able to log in the server with high graphic settings would be nice
Well that's all I can think of for right now.
I would like to thank the staff for such a great gaming experience. Thank You

Just going to respond to these with opinions and answer a couple of your concerns if able.

1. Gotta disagree with that one. $15 as an in-game donation is high enough, and having separate donation tiers isn't something I'm a big fan of already. People are free to donate any amount of money they see fit, but requiring them to donate some large amount to access certain things would be against what I'd advise to the owner and/or other staff members.

2. This is very much possible. By default, your Private Theater will be in "Blacklist Mode", which you can confirm by holding the tab key and scrolling to your Theater's name on the Theater list. It is denoted by a "B |". This can be changed to Whitelist mode in the Theater Settings, which I believe you open with the F4 key and opening the "Private Theater Player Filter". That will allow you to choose who from the list of Online players is allowed in your Theater. Staff members have the ability to come into your Theater regardless of what mode you have your Theater in, but are not supposed to do so except for moderation purposes.

3. That's hit-or-miss. Some people have no problem joining with all of their Gmod settings maxed out. Others can only join with their settings lowered. I'd guess it's more to do with how nicely your hardware plays with Gmod and loading the large map and tons of models being put into the cache. I remember I had strange problems occurring with model caching when my GPU was overclocked. Reverting to stock clocks made those issues cease.

Last edited:
Basically what Sophie said. And I can't change graphics settings from inside the code, so #3 is impossible either way.

Back