1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Water Texture

Discussion in 'Help and Support' started by Jumping121, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumping121

Jumping121 New Member

I loaded onto the game today and started getting this strobe texture effect on the water for the texture missing. I deleted all the files and re-downloaded the as said on the missing textures thread but still getting this. I was just wondering if a dev has encounter this problem before and maybe can help me fix it?
    [​IMG]

2. WinterPhoenix

WinterPhoenix Founder/Lead Developer Staff Member Founder/Lead Developer

Uh...that doesn't look missing, that looks overridden. Make sure you don't have any addons that could be conflicting with our server content.

3. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear 3D Modeler Staff Member Developer

Yeah, I think this water texture used for the waterfalls is included in vanilla Gmod, so it being missing doesn't make a lot of sense. If you find that you have nothing that could be overriding the texture as Winter suggested (which I agree is most likely the issue), verify your Gmod game cache.

4. Jumping121

Jumping121 New Member

The overriding texture was fixed after I restarted my PC and when I came on the next day the water texture was fixed. I'm not sure what happened for it to cause that if its a normal Gmod texture. Thanks for the help anyway!

5. WinterPhoenix

WinterPhoenix Founder/Lead Developer Staff Member Founder/Lead Developer

Actually it's custom; there are no default waterfall textures.

But it sounds like it's fixed, so I'll go ahead and close this thread. Let us know if you need anymore help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.