1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To: Direct Link Audio and Images Conveniently (2020 Edition)

Discussion in 'Help and Support' started by Sophie-bear, Jul 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear 3D Modeler Staff Member Developer

Some changes to Dropbox's website have caused my old tutorial to no longer work, and I've decided to take up making a tutorial on how you can host direct links to audio (or other files, such as Paintables for GMCL) in an easy to manage environment. Enter Fast.io, a new service that provides an aggregate of your file hosting site contents under a single domain name WITH direct links. How convenient already!

Step 1
    Go to fast.io in a web browser and set up your account. You will be asked to create a site name, that's where we'll begin. Pick any name you want.

[​IMG]

Step 2
    Continue following the prompts on the site. You will be asked which storage provider you wish to link. This choice is entirely up to you and will not affect the functionality of the service beyond where you choose to upload your files. Take your pick.

[​IMG]

Step 3
    Once you've made your selection, you will be asked to create a domain name. This cannot be changed later, so choose wisely. For the sake of this tutorial, I chose the name "sophtutorial.imfast.io"

Step 5
    Congratulations! You will now be dropped into your control panel. From here, simply clicking the "+ Add Files" text will take you to the place you chose to upload your files. This will be where you store the content you wish to direct link later. It can be organized into folders or not :) For this tutorial, I am using Google Drive. You can drag and drop files or upload them however the site you are using allows.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 6
    Return to the fast.io control panel. If it did not sync your files automatically (it's usually pretty good about this but sometimes it needs a kickstart), you can click the sync button found here!

[​IMG]

Step 7
    Now, the final step! Linking your files! This one is easy :)
    Just click the link icon next to your newly uploaded files to copy the direct link to your clipboard. You can then paste the link in-game or wherever else you would like to share the file. Super cool and you get your custom domain name thrown in there, too!

[​IMG]

Example: https://sophtutorial.imfast.io/3.png

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Inco likes this.
  2. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear 3D Modeler Staff Member Developer

Fast.io is going paid only after the end of the year. I can't keep up.