Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossBoy

Donator
Steam Username
CrossBoy (Community Profile)

Current Age
15 (will be 16 in ~2 weeks)

Timezone (Use this website if you don't know)
PST (UTC -7)

Time Ranges Typically on the Server in a Day (Eastern Time)
Since I'm on summer break, I'm basically on from ~12pm-12am, but during the rest of the year, it'd be around 5-10 (but that changes a LOT).

Position Applying For (Moderator, Programmer, Modeler, Mapper, Graphics Artist, or Video Editor/Marketeer)
Programmer

Past Experience/Creations Applicable to Position
  1. Temp Mod @ Three Thieves (for ~a month, I found them rather late).
  2. Administrator & Developer @ Bobarian Gaming (over two years).
  3. Community Administrator & Developer @ ExoTerra Gaming (a long time, I'm not even sure lol).
XUTdyEI.jpg

A redesign of a menu for the Jailbreak Gamemode. This is only one of the six or so menus that were redesigned.
oyhrNfk.png

An SQL addon for our server's PLogs in order to make every log accessible from the website. The page shown is just the website, however it was equipped with a search function that included both a search bar and a date choice. I obviously couldn't show the entire backend, but it essentially sent logs to the sql database after each round.
Here is a link if you would like to try out the search function (the date picker is not compatible with firefox, unfortunately): (Link to site (could be considered advertisement, don't click unless you are just going to look at the logs site))
KsVYsDs.jpg

(this was one of my first things I had made in terms of menus, so I know it isn't as good)
This was a simple server hopper allowing players to connect to any of our servers with ease.
(that black square wasn't there, I just blocked out the logo to prevent advertising)
c8qAQsT.png

A leveling system for Arizard's Deathrun complete with an integration with Pointshop that would require a certain level to purchase an item. You would gain EXP by killing other players or by finishing maps. I also added an animation to it:

OtulWyA.gif

(the gif is low quality because of the program used to capture it)
I have also made smaller things, like simple TextHats, smaller additions to other things, like making a color picker in pointshop, that would allow you to choose the color you wanted to be for the round, and simply provided various fixes for the servers I was a part of.

Community Join Date and Total Playtime on Servers
(you can give a rough estimate if you don't know)
I've only joined the community recently, from hearing about GMCL. I do plan to stick around whether this is accepted or not, it seems like a cool place.

How You Would Improve the Studio or Community

I believe I could help the community by providing an extra programmer who has done things with GLua quite often. At this point, I may not be perfect, but I know quite a bit about GLua and how to do things with it. I believe I could help with the development of GMCL in many ways, mainly by providing my services as a programmer. I'm familiar with Lua, PhP, HTML, CSS, SQL, and some others as well (I can also USE git, but it's still a little confusing for me sometimes lol).

Extra Information or Comments

I know I may be younger than some of the other developers or members, but I am able to hold my own weight. I know I also haven't been here for long, and I can completely understand if that is an issue, but I would still like to see if I can have a chance to prove that I can be helpful.
I just wanted to see if I could be of use for this amazing project - I love the idea, and would love to be a part of it in any way I can.
Thanks for reading :)
2e9715cb-ada3-420f-bf11-82f514f8a907

Last edited:
Hello there!

The developers have reviewed your application and have decided to Deny it, as we're not currently looking for Programmers.

That being said, please keep an eye out for announcements the position, as we may have available positions for it sometime in the future. Thank you for applying!

/denied
/locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back