Better Times for Movie Events

Ditzy

Donator
On behalf of myself and other Brit regulars, I'm here to ask about changing around the times for movies.
Often the movies are on quite early in the morning for us Brits - I'm talking about 1am to like, 4am. And that's just too damn late for us Brit normies. Some of us have to be up for school or work, and we want to watch movies with everyone else (and, in my own experience, this has been messing up my sleep for college ;~; )

So, could we perhaps have movies shown earlier? A few hours earlier perhaps? I understand if you can't, but I'm going to at least see if it's possible.

Thank ya~

I can think of a few ways for this to be possible. One would be getting a European on-board to host a EU movie night prior to Winter/whoever else's movie night.
As it currently stands, anyone is allowed to host events, and we will even advertise them in the same way as our other events, so the player who decides to do this doesn't necessarily have to be staff.

The other solution would be for one of the staff members to try and do it, because I think they happen late due to Winter's schedule (at least the ones he hosts). Someone else could probably take the helm though and make it work out.

I like the idea and it makes the server a lot more inclusive, you got my vote of support. Even if not a full time change, hopefully something like a double feature night can happen and involve more reasonable times for European and Asian players.

Yeah, I think most of the staff is America-based so the times tend to be quite late. Thanks for the vote of support, Sophie :)
Also, if it helps I could always help with the streaming - I have decent upload/download speeds so I can stream movies and such.

Last edited:
One of the reason we haven't made an earlier Movie night, is because the majority of Yuki Theater players are usually from the NA region, since that's also the region of the server itself (unless there's a lot of EU players, I'm not aware of). I know for one though, it just isn't healthy to wait till 3-4am to catch a Movie night - I've even woken up at that time, just to specifically watch something.

If more players are specifically requesting an additional earlier movie night on Friday (for example), that's something we could take into consideration, for hosting on a regular basis - perhaps ask them to make a post here, so we can take a number count.

I'm located in the UK myself. Although I can't always host Friday movie nights currently, if there's any specific movies you're interested in, I could possibly stream them. Feel free to leave any suggestions in a post here too.

Last edited:
Yeah, like I said, NA players are the majority so it makes sense that movie times are the way they are right now. But people like me, Shooter, Rainmaker, and other British players all agree the times are fairly awkward for us. It would be nice if there was at least one time that was good for those not living in the US.

One of the reason we haven't made an earlier Movie night, is because the majority of Yuki Theater players are usually from the NA region, since that's also the region of the server itself (unless there's a lot of EU players, I'm not aware of). I know for one though, it just isn't healthy to wait till 3-4am to catch a Movie night - I've even woken up at that time, just to specifically watch something.

Hopefully since and because of the implementation of the redirect server we have for other regions, the playerbase from these other regions have increased. We really have no good way of knowing, but I'd guess that it has, since the server itself has become more accessible by appearing in the server browsers of many people who probably didn't know YukiTheater existed beforehand.

Since Liquidus tested the idea of a EU Movie Night to cater our friends across the pond yesterday. I'm eagerly awaiting the results of it in terms of attendance. If the demand is there we should be able to easily work something out, with that said there is a good chance the movie being played will differ from that of normal nights. I suppose this would boil down to the individual staff members of course. Here's hoping for the best.

Back