Denied Mint's Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mint-

Donator
Steam Username
MINT

Current Age

Timezone (Use this website if you don't know)
EDT (-4)

Time Ranges typically on our Servers in a Day (Eastern Time)
5pm - 12am monday - friday, anytime Saturday, Sunday 12pm - 12am

Position Applying For (Moderator, Programmer, Modeler, Mapper, Graphics Artist, or Video Editor/Marketeer)
Moderator, Programmer

Understand and Agree to Maintain Activity Quota? (Moderators only)
Yes I understand and I am capable of meeting the forty hour requirements.

Past Experience/Creations Applicable to Position (Provide links if possible)

I have 3,480 hours in Garrys Mod. A good bit of that was spent on various roleplay communities, many of which I had some sort of moderation role in.

Moderation:
  • Burrito Brothers HL2RP Community: Super administrator (defunct)
  • Condemned HL2RP Community: Co-owner (defunct)
  • Arctic Eclipse HL2RP / FORP community: Player --> Inherited Ownership (defunct)
  • Willard Networks HL2RP Community: Developer, Sound Designer, Staff (current)
  • Occasional Project Management experiences at my current place of work
Programming:

I mainly work with Python, SQL, and C# as they are what I've had to use at either work or school. I'm not particularly familiar with LUA but I'm sure I could pick it up if there was a need for it.

Here is a sample that is somewhat relevant: https://github.com/j-roark/copy-materials/blob/master/main.py
^^ A modeler at a different community approached me about this problem and this may be of some use to the modelers here.
I have a few repos and personal projects on there, please give those a look to see more of my ability with python as it may translate to LUA.

Community Join Date and Total Playtime on our Servers (you can give a rough estimate if you don't know; Playtime on Yuki: F4>Show Player Stats, Playtime on GMCL: Look at your Player Card)

I joined Yuki sometime late 2018 (can't remember exactly) though, I've been playing off and on ever since for a total of 31:13:31

How You Would Improve the Studio or Community

Communication is my strongest skill and what I can put forward as my best possible asset to offer this community. When combined with my professionalism and managerial experiences, I believe I would make for a good fit into the community. My friends and I have been able to enjoy a lot of things here, and I would like to be able to give back to the community that made that possible.

I can second that with a set of technical skills and within a number of programming languages that I can additionally offer, however, I haven't messed with LUA too much. I did some for Willard but, what I did contribute is under NDA.

Additionally, I really enjoy the atmosphere. It is definitely a breath of fresh air from the gmod communities I'm used to being a part of.

Extra Information or Comments

I worked with mapping in hammer for a brief time, though it's been awhile since I've done anything with it and I don't have much to present either. Not too long ago I opened the editor and started to work with it again, this was all I ended up making:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/696304324694900799/698060981921775636/040820d.PNG
I have some mapping skill but nothing vast. If there is a need for mappers I may be able to assist in some capacity.

Other than that, I have nothing to add.

Hello there!

The staff has reviewed your application and voted to Deny it.
Reasons cited by staff members: Low playtime, Not seen by staff members often, Concern about not sticking around.

Should you wish to apply again in the future, we ask you to please review the reasons above and fix them before doing so. Better luck next time!

/denied
/locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back