Theater Owner Can Control Playback

Jordo

Donator
It would be cool if we could control playback on anything we play in the private theaters.

This would give people an incentive to use private theaters. Right now I usually just take a free public theater so i'm able to earn credits, credits I barely use. This would encourage people to use private theaters and give them a use for their credits.

It would allow people to pause a movie they're playing to grab a drink or something similar.

It would be very useful for skipping the OP or skipping the ED to see some end-scenes. It's quite repetitive after a while.

The list goes on, you get the point.

It seems like something worth trying to develop in my opinion.

It would be cool if we could control playback on anything we play in the private theaters.

This would give people an incentive to use private theaters. Right now I usually just take a free public theater so i'm able to earn credits, credits I barely use. This would encourage people to use private theaters and give them a use for their credits.

It would allow people to pause a movie they're playing to grab a drink or something similar.

It would be very useful for skipping the OP or skipping the ED to see some end-scenes. It's quite repetitive after a while.

The list goes on, you get the point.

It seems like something worth trying to develop in my opinion.

We do currently offer a seek feature for private theaters. The seek feature lets you go to a specific time stamp of the media you are watching. You can access the seek feature by owning a private or exclusive theater, hit F4, and select seek. You would then put in the time stamp you want to go to in hours, minutes, and seconds. For example; 1:56:22.

Private Theater Owners can currently control:
  • Seeking (where the video is at)
  • Queue Locking (prevent players from queuing things, vote-skipping)
  • Player Filtering (select whether or not each individual player can walk into the room)
  • Transferring Ownership
  • Theater Name
  • Allowing Voice Chat or not

Really the only thing I can figure that's missing from that list that would be nice is Pausing, but that's difficult due to Cinema's architecture. We'll probably implement it at some point, particularly during Project Olympus (if that even works out), but we'll see.

Back