Mobile Devices

Ziziio

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Who do you favor when it comes to cellular devices? Samsung? LG? Apple? Google? HTC?

Share your thoughts and opinions below!

I jumped to Motorola (from Samsung, uuuugh) a while ago and haven't been disappointed. Currently use a moto x⁴ for a phone, paired with a Moto 360 (1st Gen) smartwatch. I'm currently running a custom Pixel Experience ROM on the phone, since it's not expected to receive Android 10 support officially... but it works like a charm other than CDMA LTE not working and being relegated to 3G until I figure it out.

I jumped to Motorola (from Samsung, uuuugh) a while ago and haven't been disappointed. Currently use a moto x⁴ for a phone, paired with a Moto 360 (1st Gen) smartwatch. I'm currently running a custom Pixel Experience ROM on the phone, since it's not expected to receive Android 10 support officially... but it works like a charm other than CDMA LTE not working and being relegated to 3G until I figure it out.

Was always curious about Motorola. I went from an LG G4, to a G5, now currently on a Samsung Galaxy S9. Had nothing but issues with with G5 since the day I got it. The G4 was so much butter in every aspect for me. Love the current phone I have right now, great battery, great UI, and just a great overall experience.

Was always curious about Motorola. I went from an LG G4, to a G5, now currently on a Samsung Galaxy S9. Had nothing but issues with with G5 since the day I got it. The G4 was so much butter in every aspect for me. Love the current phone I have right now, great battery, great UI, and just a great overall experience.

I'm not a fan of anything Samsung does, to be honest. I hate TouchWiz, hate how hard they try to lock down devices from user modification, etc. Samsung, to me, is like Apple Lite. Apple makes good phones, but they don't want people to do whatever they want with them.

I'm not a fan of anything Samsung does, to be honest. I hate TouchWiz, hate how hard they try to lock down devices from user modification, etc. Samsung, to me, is like Apple Lite. Apple makes good phones, but they don't want people to do whatever they want with them.

I agree. I always felt limited when using any sort of Apple device. The thing I love about Android is how open source and how much you can do in terms of making games for it versus iOS. I love my Galaxy S9 though.

i loathe cell phones in general, hate having to carry one around. but i've been using a BB Q10 for years now, thing has been dropped a couple hundred times onto hard surfaces and still doesn't have a scratch, speaker is amazing for a cell phone, and of course the physical keyboard is great. also BB Hub is a godsend

BB10 OS is EOL and BB World has so few apps, but whatever, i only make calls, emails, texts and audio recordings with it

i loathe cell phones in general, hate having to carry one around. but i've been using a BB Q10 for years now, thing has been dropped a couple hundred times onto hard surfaces and still doesn't have a scratch, speaker is amazing for a cell phone, and of course the physical keyboard is great. also BB Hub is a godsend

BB10 OS is EOL and BB World has so few apps, but whatever, i only make calls, emails, texts and audio recordings with it

That's a pretty basic phone. I guess if that is all you need, it's all you need. Cell phones are pretty much now an essential part of life it seems.

Moved back to the stock ROM on the moto x4. Hated not having properly functioning LTE enough and Motorola's stock ROMs are honestly close enough to stock Android that they don't bother me.

Moved back to the stock ROM on the moto x4. Hated not having properly functioning LTE enough and Motorola's stock ROMs are honestly close enough to stock Android that they don't bother me.
That non functioning LTE would drive me nuts.

Back