New excursion: escape room?

ilm9001.com

Donator
I think a new excursion in the form of a escape room would be great. There could be 3 themed rooms or something like that and all the puzzles and solutions would be randomized (with hopefully no way to guess or learn from past experiences)

Payouts could come from communicating with your 4 player team and getting solutions.
Also a base payout for losing or winning the escape room.

Length would ideally be 1 hour but nobody would stay for that long + there would be a bigger queue for others so 15-30 minutes could be best.

It could also be a minigame on the ship.

Give a more detailed description of what this is and how it would work, please. This is very vague but I kind of like the idea, personally.

Last edited:
Give more a more detailed description of what this is and how it would work, please. This is very vague but I kind of like the idea, personally.
You get stranded on a island somewhere, you search a palm tree and you find a code.
The code is a combination for a safe that is buried in the sand.
In the safe you can find some rope and an axe.
You cut down that same palm tree with the axe and use the rope to make a boat for your team.
You escape back to the ship.

on the 2nd game it could be something else like:

You're stranded on the island again.
This time theres no palm tree and you go searching for a safe. No safe either.
What you do find is a shovel and a metal detector.
Using the metal detector you find something and start digging.
Its a treasure chest (bonus loot!)
Now the treasure chest didnt do anything so you search a bit more and you find a door leading to a bunker buried in the sand.
Its locked and needs a key.
Now you go searching (again) for the key. You finally find it and go back to the bunker.
In the bunker you find a inflatable boat and a pump to inflate it.
You escape with the boat.

(Now these are just ideas for what it *Could* be but that isnt probably achievable in practice[?])

It's an interesting idea, but I feel the development for each "escape room" room would be quite the undertaking. To make it not be boringly-simple, it would have to have to at least be the depth of real escape rooms.

Regarding this, I think the value would be in having a simple system but with randomly generated endings; things that you need to obtain to progress and eventually escape spawn in different, but preset locations. This can help the gamemode stay interesting while keeping the development somewhat straightforward

Back