Solved Content Pack Problems

SchnitzelToast

Hello,

after reinstalling Gmod and all my Addons (And I removed a lot earlier) I got problems with the GMCL Content Packs (Not sure which one but I think it is the base content)

1. The Game freezes randomly
  2. On startup I have to wait very long until I can use the game menu. It is freezed for up to 10 Minutes
  3. The game crashes in very rare cases
  4. The computer freezes (when I tried to deactivate via addons Menu)
May you please check this?

My Data:
- Intel Core I3-5005 2,00 GHz Quad Core
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 4GB
- Windows 10

Thank you

If you have a lot of addons subscribed on Workshop, that could cause the loading hang on startup. Not sure why the other problems are happening. Unsub from anything on Workshop you don't need anymore and see if that helps at all. There's no reason our addons specifically would be to blame for these problems.

If you have a lot of addons subscribed on Workshop, that could cause the loading hang on startup. Not sure why the other problems are happening. Unsub from anything on Workshop you don't need anymore and see if that helps at all. There's no reason our addons specifically would be to blame for these problems.

I removed about the half of my Addons (Addons, not used since mid 2017) and removed the addon-files in my Gmod library. I donÄt want to blame anyone or make anything bad (If it sounded like that then I'm sorry)
. Just wondering why it froze during downloading top named pack (after reinstalling GMOD). I have about 65 Addons now (Most Models, few mods and the Yuki stuff. I will try GMCL in the coming days.

If worst comes to worst, reinstalling GMod might be necessary.

This will be the last option (due my bandwith It could take a few hours again). I would do this when I am at my GF's house again (mid september)

I removed about the half of my Addons (Addons, not used since mid 2017) and removed the addon-files in my Gmod library. I donÄt want to blame anyone or make anything bad (If it sounded like that then I'm sorry)
. Just wondering why it froze during downloading top named pack (after reinstalling GMOD). I have about 65 Addons now (Most Models, few mods and the Yuki stuff. I will try GMCL in the coming days.

This will be the last option (due my bandwith It could take a few hours again). I would do this when I am at my GF's house again (mid september)

I know this sounds really silly, but it worked for me.

I was having similar issues and what I did to fix them is I am now running the game in Windowed Mode 1600x900 on all low settings (you really cannot tell a difference in quality in this game)

After loading it with these settings, I noticed that all the problems I had were gone. the slowness, the stutterniess, the lagging game menu. It was all gone. It is something you might look into.

If that does not work, then I would go with Sophie's suggestion and reinstall GMod

I know this sounds really silly, but it worked for me.

I was having similar issues and what I did to fix them is I am now running the game in Windowed Mode 1600x900 on all low settings (you really cannot tell a difference in quality in this game)

After loading it with these settings, I noticed that all the problems I had were gone. the slowness, the stutterniess, the lagging game menu. It was all gone. It is something you might look into.

If that does not work, then I would go with Sophie's suggestion and reinstall GMod

Are you a wizard? No really. It works
And this is the startparameter
-w 1600 -h 900 -window -noborder

Thank you for you support!

Back